- How the ‘win’ was celebrated:
It was really an amazing thing that happened to me, I’m yet to get over the excitement. Not any one can be lucky like I was and I am still very grateful to God. My family threw me a party to celebrate but it was an in-house thing, it wasn’t an elaborate one, just private family celebration. We didn’t invite outsiders to avoid being kidnapped, lol.
Yes and that’s because I am presently studying business information system in Malaysia. I left Nigeria in May, 2013.
- Why Malaysia?
Actually I wanted to go to Georgia but my ticket wasn’t ready by then, so I settled for here and I really like it here anyway.
- But you were already studying at the Rivers State College of Health Science and Technology
Yes but I had to quit, I couldn’t go back to complete my studies because the whole winning incident made me popular in school, everyone would point at me, try to be friends with me and all….. I was known all over which the school and I had to leave for security reasons, I didn’t feel safe.
- After paying your tithe offering, what was the first thing you bought from the money?
I let it breath fresh air in the bank, then I bought lots of land…I didn’t acquire houses or cars because that is not the main thing for now, moreover I’m not available to look over them so I settled for lands, it’s a safer investment. I would acquire the other properties with time.
- And your parents?
I have settled my parents and I am taking good care of them but let me point out that we were doing okay even before I won the money; we had our own family house before then too.
- You didn’t go shopping at all…get new stuffs, change your wardrobe?
Yes I did. I changed my wardrobe, bought new stuffs for me and my family but I’m not a shopping freak.
- What has changed about you since the win?
Nothing much. I am still the humble me, the person I used to be. The money doesn’t make me misbehave because God detests the proud.
- You once said you will buy machines, work for yourself and be an employer of labour, have you fulfilled this yet?
Not really, plans change, and I am not in that field any more as I am studying something else now but if God permits, then it will be done.
- Let’s talk about your love life. After you won the money, you said you had lots of toasters
Hahahaha it gave me headache. They all came because of the money you know…many of them got my contact from my sisters, they would call me to make empty promises, one of them even went as far as saying he’ll build a big house for my mum and also take me abroad, imagine! They went as far as calling to ask my parents if I am married…but it’s all good now, since I relocated here, everything has died down. I am now in a relationship and I will get married in due season.
- Would you return to Nigeria after your studies or settle fully in Malaysia?
I will only visit. I am working on being an international business woman, but don’t ask me what I intend supplying, lol.
- So have you exhausted all the N64 million?
Haba, no not really, I still have some left
- Any advise to the Nigerian youths?
Youths should be patient and wait for their time, God’s time is the best, thank you!