The warning is contained a statement signed by Emmanuel Ojukwu, the Force Public Relations Officer, on Thursday.
Here is a summary of the statement as reported by News Agency of Nigeria (NAN):
- Casting of votes twice or more
- Announcing false election results
- Stopping any other person from voting and revealing information on a ballot paper of another person
- Being in possession of another person’s voter’s card
- Disorderly behaviour at polling unit
- Canvassing for votes at polling unit and shouting slogans of a political party at polling units
- Being armed with guns, sticks, stones or any other dangerous weapons at polling units
- Loitering or walking about in a polling unit
- Using siren at a polling unit
- Snatching or destroying ballot boxes or card readers
- Holding public meeting during election hours on election day
- Wearing or carrying badge or poster of a political party and inflicting or threatening to inflict injury on any person or persons at a polling unit as the others
The Nigeria Police Force advises the public to avoid trouble, as any offender will be arrested and prosecuted.