Popular RnB singer, Bankole Wellington also known as Banky W, has explained how he and his dog escaped the fire outbreak at his Lekki home.

Reports earlier had it that Banky W residence located along Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos was razed down by fire. on Tuesday morning.

The singer’s awards and property worth millions of naira were said to have been destroyed by the fire.

According to Punch, the fire was caused by a faulty air conditioner.

A neighbour, whose identity was not disclosed, said: “The fire started around 6am and all of us came out to assist Banky in putting out the fire. However, Fire service officials arrived around 7.30.”

The entertainer, who took to his instagram page, disclosed that he pulled off a James Bond move and climbed down from the top floor balcony.”

Banky W also thanked God, his neighbours and workers who helped put out the fire.

 

 

He wrote, “Thank God we caught it early enough and the damage wasn’t so bad.. it basically burnt some of the stuff that was around it. So awards, portraits, and some small electronics. But thank God, Duke and I are alive and well. We only had to form James Bond and climb down from the top floor balcony LOL.”

“Thank God for my neighbors and the amazing workers in and around the compound for helping us escape via the balcony, helping put out the fire, and helping with the aftermath/cleaning. Thank God for life. And I’m not even upset.. I’m just grateful for life and health and for the grace and mercy of God on my life.”

Comments

comments